Thursday, January 03, 2008

Slowing down ....

With so many fond memories of happy summers camping at Wilson's Prom in my childhood, I'm really looking forward to the week ahead. Here are just a few of the things that are calling me back:

(photo: lenymo)

(photo: Sasho)

(photo: the beethoven connection)


(both photos: valleyguy)

(photo: cypressbob)

The top photo of bushland regeneration (after the fires at the Prom in 2006) is from the West Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. This one's by Niels Endres. It shows the very rare occurence of grass trees sending up flower spikes - they can resist the extreme heat of bushfires and actually need them to initiate flowering...


.... what a stark and beautiful landscape!

I'll post some of my own pics when I return.

No comments:

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails