Sunday, February 03, 2008

This is ..... my collection


Most people with children have a lot of beautiful picture books at home. I don't have children, but I collect children's books - I love the combination of simplicity, imagination, humour and inspiration that brings their pages to life.

I still have many of my favourite picture books fom my childhood - they hold so many memories! The photos I've posted here show a small part of my newer collection - books that I've fallen in love with and purchased as an adult. Most of them are in English, German, or Japanese, but I'm sure I'll probably also end up buying books in languages that I can't read .... often the pictures alone fire the imagination enough to make the words redundant.

Sometimes the words are cheeky and clever silly and fun, or quietly thought-provoking.



This collection makes me happy and it'll keep growing for a while yet I'm sure.

I wonder what other things are being collected by members of the 'This is' group....

Why not drop in at Three Buttons to have a look?

9 comments:

Dees said...

Ohhh I love your collection!Aren't childrensbooks the Best thing to collect!!!!xoxo

Jodie said...

You can never have too many kids books.

Two Peas In a Pod said...

What a great collection, I love childrens books as well, looks like there are quite a few of us playing This is that are collector of childrens books. happy sunday
Kyla

flossy-p said...

I love kids books, aren't they great?! I also love your model, so skillfully holding the pages open, doing a much better job than those prize models on Sale of the Century I might add ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who does this. Luckily I now have a child, so I do not need any excuses. I love the selection you have shown, great.
thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

such a lovely collection!

Jenny said...

Iagree that you can never have too many children's book-they are special treasures indeed! They make me happy too:)

Lesley-Ann said...

Beautiful collection of childrensbooks! Love Olivia, my mother (Dees) and I have the Olivia doll!! She is the cutest, such as the book!

Have a lovely day!

xxxxx Les
http://fairytalecinema.typepad.com

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

What do you mean you don't have children. Since when do fur children not count? They are the best kinds.

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails