Saturday, October 04, 2008

Bloomin' Spring!






Over the last few weeks we've had absolutely gorgeous Spring weather. Unfortunately this has again been one of the driest Winter/Spring seasons on record, but green leaves and flowers are sprouting everywhere (getting a bit of a head start before the Big Dry).







Yesterday I snapped a few pics around the neighbourhood before the weather changed. When walking with Gus in a Fitzroy park, the wind picked up, the rain set in and great billows of winged green elm seeds filled the air like lime-coloured snow. It was quite spectacular.



I found some tiny hearts ....



... and I let my senses soak up the green. This colour will be long-forgotten by the end of summer.

2 comments:

Rina said...

What a beautiful images, I can smell spring from here!

Jodie said...

I love that little heart shot - its beautiful.

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails