Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Creepy vintage advertising

".... and when I'm finished with the pork and beans ...."


"I'm practicing on dolly and the kittens ..."


Fry your baby - it's totally safe!


Just how much Nembutal did they give this kid?


Click to enlarge for valuable public health advice.


There are so many things wrong with this advert, I don't know where to start...

"Papa says it won't hurt us"


Gun ads from Boy's Life magazine

Creepy Philip Morris bellboy

??!!


Just. creepy.



On Sundays I invite possessed children to my place for dinner ...


(images from here)

6 comments:

Christina Lowry said...

EEK! I will have nightmares about those possesed children! Nervous laughter... :)

Joan Elizabeth said...

These are amazing. Shows how far ideas shift over time. Makes me wonder what we think is OK today and which will be obnoxious tomorrow.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Scary stuff indeed. Some of those smiles are evil.

Karin said...

Holy Moley! Yikes! LOL!!!!

Wow, just so amazing.

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Absolutely effing hillarious, and so bizarre that anyone EVER thought smoking and sun lamps were GOOD for you!!!

muralimanohar said...

HAHAHA!!! OMG...some of those ads are SCARY!!! :p

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails