Monday, December 08, 2008

Quilting challenge

I've decided to bite the bullet and learn how to make some quilts. To get myself started I bought some fabric today - the colours are lovely and summery so I'm happy to keep it on my bookshelf until I start piecing it together.




Thank you Reenie-Su, for offering to help me as I learn to do patchworking; ..... I'll also use this lovely book.

I made another drop for the Toy Society today at a lovely little cafe called Each Peach in East Brunswick. They have a wonderful quilt on the wall made from vintage teatowels - makes me wish I hadn't cut up all of mine to use for other projects!


3 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

Your fabric selections are terrific but they look so good on your shelves I fear they will never turn into the quilt. Don't forget to show us the result when it is done. I love quilts and quilting but haven't done any for years.

Juddie said...

Thank you JE! I promise I'll post pictures if it's not a total debacle....

Reenie said...

Hey Juddie, let me know when you want to start working on the quilt.

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails