Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday shopping

Today was a good day.
This morning we braved the cold wind, grabbed ourselves some coffees, and bought .....


... a new house! Hooray!


Well, it's not exactly new - it's a little cottage built in the 1920s, in a leafy, quiet street. Here is my new sewing room:

our new bedroom:


and the bright and sunny sitting area:


We're looking forward to having more space - it's been quite a while since we've been able to host dinner parties or lazy lunches for our friends. Our new house has room for entertaining, three bedrooms, a decent bathroom, and quite a bit of space outside. We're planning to renovate the kitchen and maybe add a couple of rooms in a (non-obtrusive) second storey. Godfrey has lofty ideas for his new shed, and I've already planned the garden in great detail.....

The next step is to sell our current house - anyone looking for a Victorian terrace in Brunswick?

15 comments:

Janne said...

It's adorable! I hope you will be very happy in your new home :-)

dorothybills..... said...

Gorgeous house, congratulations!

Sarah said...

It looks quite small and cute from the outside yet there's tonnes of space inside...

I don't quite know how to tell you this Juddie, but I think your new house might actually be a Tardis. :)

Bobby La said...

it's gorgeous! I love the white floors (we did that here). Congratulations and have fun!

Joan Elizabeth said...

It looks to neat and tidy and wonderful roomy inside. I'm sure you'll be very happy there.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Congrats Juddie. It looks absolutely lovely and I can't wait to visit someday.

CurlyPops said...

Congratulations Juddie - that is fantastic news! I'm looking forward to a TCB at your house.

Umā said...

Gasp :o
Congratulations! What an adorable house! So bright and airy looking with the whitewashed floors, and the lovely stained glass windows. I also love how the living space is half tile where it leads outside.
Can't wait to see more. Happy decorating and entertaining! Makes me wish I didn't live on the other side of the globe!

myf said...

oh you lucky thing!
beautifully light and airy spaces
gorgeous windows.
sure you'll be wonderfully happy and productive there.

Leonie said...

Congrats on the new purchase, as for knowing someone looking for a house in Brunswick, depending on the features/layout, my sister!

Reenie said...

Congrats to you and Mr G... looks like an absolutely beautiful house!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations guys! Can't wait to see your new home. Leigh

Liesl said...

Wonderful news Juddie - its very pretty. I love the leadlighting and the beautiful fireplaces. I'm sure you are looking forward to moving in!

problematic said...

SO GOOD! I'm so glad you got it! Congratulations.
Sorry I couldn't make it on Friday. I'll see you on Barrow on Wednesday.

Sarah

Bellgirl said...

How glorious! Can't wait to see how your garden grows.

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails