Monday, October 26, 2009

Functional ≠ boring!

Recently I've been pondering the talents of various designers and artists. I like to think that I'm creative in many ways, and that I have a good eye for design, but then again I'm often humbled when I see true creativity at work in everyday settings.

Take, for example, something as simple as keeping a calendar/diary. Mine is quite utilitarian, a cute little red Moleskine, a handy place to note down my appointments and looming deadlines, but certainly not a shining example of creative expression.

... and then you get people like Gennine, whose weekly diary looks like this:














I couldn't help but look forward to the week's commitments if they were presented this beautifully!

1 comment:

Umā said...

I am lucky enough to get to work with Geninne on a catalog cover and holiday card this season! She is wonderful!

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails