Monday, May 24, 2010

Northern lights


What is it about Scandinavia that seems so enticing and bewitching?



Maybe it's the light ....?

Perhaps it's the romantic landscapes .... the traditions of visiting summer houses, garden plots and rambling near the sea or in the woods ....


Maybe the charm lies in a simple, uncluttered architectural and design aesthetic .... or the fairy-tale quality of many Scandinavian images ...

I don't know what it is, but I know I've always been smitten. You can find some lovely links down there on the right (under the heading Northern Lights), or check out a few of these pretty posts to see what I mean:

Pretty Gingham

Lauluni sadepaivan varalle

Liivian talossa

Little Thimble

Maaritin Maailma

Lumetta


(images from here and here)

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I have always thought I should have been European. And, yep, I agree, the Scandinavian part of that would be lovely

Rina said...

great post! I love scandinavian design, there´s something magical about it, I couldn´t explain...
thanks for the links!
xoxo

.girl ferment. said...

it is so many things

Janne said...

I think you're right about the light. Right now it's just fantastic. It doesn't really get dark at night.

Have you ever been, by the way? If you're planning a trip, give me a shout!

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails