Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bookish linky love

Today I decided to have another bookish theme. I love beautiful books, and reading will always be a high priority in our household.


If you like all things book- and design-related too, you might be interested in some of these:

1. Popping colours on Swedish crime and adventure book covers, collected by the wonderful retro-aesthete Martin Klasch.

2. Fabulous covers featured each day on Book Worship.

3. Swoon over this lovely postcard set from Penguin books.

4. Chuckle at the ridiculousness of this site, which is somehow strangely charming.

5. Teach yourself to make some practical little notebooks or colouring books using these  tutorials, or make a booklet from a PDF using this free application.

6. Dive into the wonderful archives of Peacay at BibliOdyssey.

7. Marvel at the cheesiness of the vintage pulp covers over here at Hang Fire Books.

Let me know if you have any great bookish links!



(Image source)

2 comments:

Rina said...

wow thanks for this list! I will check all of them! I love books. Take care!

Janne said...

Good post! Also loved your Bookish inspiration post in June.

I wish I had more time to read books - since I became a parent there's just not enough hours in the day. But one of the few books (and an all time favorite) I have read recently is in your photo: Extremely loud & incredibly close by Jonathan Safran Foer. Phew!

Anywhoo - here's a funny book/web link for you. You might already know it, of course:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hulk4598/sets/72157622848122389/

Also, I can recommend this book:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Make-Books-Esther-Smith/dp/0307353362/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279057917&sr=8-1

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails