Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kitchen ponderings

We're planning a kitchen/laundry renovation, so I've been thinking about colour and style in the context of our little weatherboard house (built in the early 1920s). As G & I both love vintage industria and our architect is keen to work with some interesting reclaimed materials and finishes, I think we'll go with a muted colour palette and this kind of mood:


















The images above are from here, here, here, and here, and there's plenty more inspiration to be found around the interweb.


PS - I remember seeing a feature in a home/design magazine about Australian artist David Bromley's wonderful house in Daylesford. I know it's been featured in Vogue, but I think the one I saw was a different magazine ... anyone out there have an idea? Love his style anyway - it's relaxed and classic vintage industria, all put together with a savvy editing eye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much inspiration!!!

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails